- Plans, programs, designs, and manages construction and engineering projects for the City.
- Develops and analyzes courses of action for project development
- Recommends the strategies for the improvement and expansion of municipal infrastructures as well as other capital improvement projects
- Oversees construction and improvement of roadway, water, wastewater and stormwater systems
- Performs inspections on infrastructure within the City's right-of-ways
- Provides services to other departments and divisions of the City
Our Mission Statement:
"To provide a high level of Professional Engineering Services in
support of the various City departments, residents, businesses and
other stakeholders in the planning, design, construction and
maintenance of the City's infrastructure. These Engineering services
are to be provided in an efficient, cost effective, comprehensive and
amiable manner to create a strong positive public image while, at all times,
protecting the public health, safety and welfare of the Citizens of Kewanee."
Public Works Regulations & Specs (Code Book)