Cemetery Clean-Up is Complete
The City cemetery clean-up is now complete. Decorations may now be placed on graves.
Road Work to Begin
Advanced Asphalt will begin street work for the City of Kewanee beginning Monday 10/20/14 (weather permitting). Milling work is expected to start on West Division Street, which will close West Division from Hollis to Payson.
Hot-mix asphalt streets to mill and overlay will continue over the next few weeks and will include the following areas:
• West Garfield from Tenney to Hollis
• East St South from East South St to Garfield
• East St South from East Church to East Mill
• South East St from East Division to Williams
• East St from East Prospect to Pleasant
• East St from East 11th to Hepner
• Lake St from May to See
• East 2nd from East St to Lakeview
• East 3rd from the Kewanee High School lot to 200 feet east
• Park St from West 2nd to West 5th
• West 2nd from Lexington to Park St
• West Central from Cottage to Grove
• Rockwell from Acorn to Junior
• Beach St South from Page St to 235 feet south
• West Church from Wiley to Hollis
Residents are asked to avoid these areas while work is taking place, and are asked to take caution if driving near the work zone areas.
If you have any questions, please call City Hall at 852-2611.
Municipal Aggregation Program
On August 11, 2014 the City Council passed Resolution 4894 authorizing an agreement with Homefield Energy for purchase of electrical energy for the Municipal Aggregation Program. The current rate is $0.04347/kWh. The rate would remain the same through the meter readings in June of 2015.